On-screen Samsung fingerprint error: How to fix
Not so long ago, having a phone with fingerprint unlock on the screen was reserved for the high end, but it’s already found on more modest devices. The Samsung is one of the first midrange mobile XNUMXs to offer this attribute, but like any other self-respecting mobile, it’s not without its problems. Why did you want to see today Samsung screen fingerprint sensor doesn’t work and how to fix it?
Integrating this biometric reading technology into a touch panel has never been easier, but it is slowly becoming faster and cheaper. This is a problem with the screen fingerprint sensor on the, which reports many user accuracy and reading issues.
How to fix the problem?
Check for updates
The Samsung has received many updates since its release last year. Therefore, the first step is one of these pending updates. To check it, go to Settings / System / System Updates. If all goes well, after the update, the sensor will be faster and more responsive to the unlock footprint.
Another well-working solution increases tactile sensitivity. The Samsung Mobile Phones comes standard with protective plastic for the screen, which can interfere with the normal operation of the touch screen and therefore the fingerprint sensor.
To work around this issue, you can activate the option to increase the touch sensitivity of the screen. This often eliminates the problem. To do this, go to the settings menu and enter advanced features. Once inside, all you have to do is activate the called switch “touch sensitivity”.
Some third-party screen protectors read the screen fingerprint sensor error. Many users solve this by removing and replacing the protector, but in other cases, buy the official one to avoid the problem. This will prevent the sensor from reading the fingerprint data correctly. Therefore, you need to remove the screen saver to see if the problem goes away. Then determine the cause of the problem.
Check the sensor (and finger)
If your finger is too wet or too dry, such as in very cold weather, the on-screen fingerprint scanner may not be able to recognize your finger. The center of the screen and fingers under the fingerprint sensor area should be clean and dry. Next, you need to press the screen so that your fingertips cover the entire surface of the fingerprint recognition area. In addition, you need to make sure that the area of the fingerprint sensor is not scratched or damaged by metal objects such as coins and keys.
In many cases, the cause of the problem is an improper fingerprint initialization. This will definitely result in read errors and reduce accuracy, resulting in unnecessary slowdowns when unlocking the mobile. The solution is settings / security / fingerprints. Then you need to re-register your fingerprint and try again. This is often the most appropriate.
Fingerprint sensor respond well by doing these things
- It may not be readable if there are wrinkles or scratches.
- If the finger you are touching is small, you may not be able to read it.
- It may not be possible to read if your finger is too dry due to winter or when you wake up.
- In such a case, apply hand cream to moisturize your fingers and try again.
- It may not be readable in places that are too cold or, on the contrary, too hot.
- If your finger is wet, you may not be able to read it.
- By registering the finger that is most often used to operate the terminal in fingerprint authentication, the recognition accuracy will be improved.
- Be careful not to scratch the screen and protective film on the fingerprint recognition area with coins or keys.
- If the protective film becomes dirty or scratched, you can improve the recognition accuracy by replacing it with a new one and registering your fingerprint again.
- Fingerprints may not be readable if you are using dome glass, tempered glass covers, protective covers, uneven screen covers with third-party patterns, or non-transparent but specific patterns (dots, grids, etc.) There is.
- Make sure that the part that recognizes the fingerprint and the finger to be recognized are clean and not wet.
- It may not be possible to read if you bend your finger or touch only your fingertip.
- Place as many faces as possible on the fingerprint recognition area.
- It may not be readable if it is a non-genuine Samsung protective film.
- If you try to recognize your fingerprint immediately after turning the screen on or off, your device may not recognize your fingerprint correctly. In that case, please wait a while and try again.