Learn hot techniques for developing more effective user interfaces in your Android applications from Android UI Toolkit engineers Romain Guy and Chet Haase.
Romain and Chet will dive into some code examples, demo some handy tools, and show you how to optimize your UI for performance while making it look great.
Didn’t make it to Devoxx 2K10? Well, find out what you might have missed, as this is the same presentation Romain and Chet delivered at Devoxx.
A few topics covered in this talk include:
– Trash Talk: avoiding garbage creation when necessary and possible
– Tools: Allocation Tracking, DDMS, Heap Analysis Tool (hat), etc.
– A few tips on avoiding memory leaks
– ViewStub, ListView and compound drawables
– Graphics optimization techniques
** Get the slides at: http://marakana.com/f/227 **